Marcelo Fiuza was born in 1987, Friedrichshafen. From 2009 to 2012 he studied Art History and Philosophy at the Ludwig-Maximilians University of Munich and subsequently completed an MA in Photography at Plymouth University, under the tutelage of professor Jem Southam. Fiuza has exhibited his work in London, Berlin and Plymouth. In 2014 he finished his photobook “Plymouth”.
In spring 2015 Fiuza received the renowned bursary for fine art of the Kunststiftung Baden-Württemberg to provide funding for the development of his next photobook. He currently lives and works in Munich, where he is working on his next series.
- 2012 – 2014 Master of Arts Degree in Photography, Plymouth University, Plymouth, U.K
- 2009 – 2012 Bachlor of Arts Degree in Art History, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Munich, Germany
- Longing for Landscape, Tieranantmoisches Theater, Berlin, 1st October 2016 -- End -26th January 2017
- Flow, Peninsula Arts, Plymouth, England, 16th -31st January 2015
- Photomasters, The Old Truman Brewery, London, England 24th – 26st October 2014
Awards & Grants
- Stipendium der Kunststiftung Baden-Württemberg 2015
- Shortlist, Bar-Tur 2015 Photobook Award
- Shortlist, 2015 Magnum Graduate Photographers Award